Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Chai Spiced Buttermilk Pancakes!

I found this recipe on tastykitchen.com. As soon as I saw the title, I knew i needed to make these pancakes! Unfortunately, I didn't get an awesome picture for you that will make you NEED to try them the way I did, but, hopefully you trust me enough as a "Chef-Wannabe" that you'll know I wouldn't post a recipe on here if it wasn't good!

Ingredients:

2 eggs, beaten
1.5 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup brewed chai tea
1/2 t vanilla extract

Mix these wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Once blended, add the following:

2 cups of all purpose flour (I used whole wheat b/c it was all I had!)
3 T Sugar
2 t Baking Powder
1 t Baking Soda
3/4 t Cinnamon
A pinch of cloves
1/8 t ground black pepper
1 t salt

Allow batter to sit, and thicken, about 3 minutes. Preheat your griddle, or skillet. I also preheat my oven to about 170 when I make pancakes so that they can sit in there and stay warm!

Pour one ladle of batter into the skillet and wait for bubbles to form at the top of the pancake. Flip, and cook until golden brown. Repeat until batter is gone.

I ended up making about 6 large pancakes. But you could probably make any number you want depending on the size!

Add butter, syrup, or honey, and enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment