So, this past weekend, I got in the mood to make a spring/summer side dish. I wanted something fresh and potato salad was sounding good. I found a recipe from Cooking Light and decided to test it out. I really, really liked this alternative to mayonnaise loaded potato salad. Sour cream and yogurt will be your "sauce" and you will have NO guilt whatsoever scooping yourself spoon fulls of this picnic-perfect side dish! I do suggest doubling this recipe if serving more than 4.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (You could use other varieties)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Peel potatoes, place in a saucepan, and cover with water.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Drain. Cool slightly.
Place them in a large bowl; sprinkle with vinegar.
Combine yogurt and sour cream in a medium bowl, stirring with a fork until smooth. Add oil and stir.
Add onion and remaining ingredients; stir.
Add yogurt mixture to potato mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
I did mine a day ahead of time to really get that dill and parsley to come out and WOW did it ever. So refreshing and so tasty! You won't miss the mayo! Try it ....
And enjoy it :)