- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (only ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 T Maple Syrup
- 1 T Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups dry rolled oats
- 2 cups brown rice cereal ( I used some Kashi cereal)
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ (used this the first time, not the second)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts (used this the first time, but Nick ate them all, couldn't use them the second time!)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Combine oats, cereal, wheat germ, peanuts, dried fruit, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Melt peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, oil, and syrup together. Add cinnamon. Once runny and smooth, pour into dry mixutre. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into a WELL GREASED 9X13 pan. Grab a piece of foil, wax paper, or parchment paper and push mixture into a firm flat layer in pan. Pop in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, then cut into squares or bars!
*I individually wrap mine and then keep them in the refrigerator. They are pretty fragile, so the cooler they are, the better they hold together**
I did bars the first time, this time was squares!!