Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Nephew's First Birthday Party.... SESAME STREET!!!

So... I'm not in the new apartment quite yet, but, today my little nephew turned 1 year old and I baked and decorated Sesame Street cupcakes. The cake i used was Fun-fetti! How perfect for these blue and red characters! I used pictures off of lovelysprinkles.blogspot.com for inspiration! I made Elmo and a mix between Grover and Cookie Monster! All the kids thought it was cookie monster, but it was supposed to be Grover!!!

So, for Elmo, I dyed some vanilla frosting with "Christmas Red" and used a decorator tip (perhaps #22 but I don't remember!) to make his fur. Then I used jumbo marshmallows (halved) for his eyes, an orange peanut M&M for his nose, and half of an oreo for his mouth. For his eyeballs, i just piped chocolate frosting in small dots!
Careful with those oreos, use a serated knife!!
                             
                            
Can you get enough of these, i mean really!?
                              

And for grover, I basically did the same thing as far as icing, except blue, used MINI marshmallows, and a RED peanut M&Ms :) WAY TOO CUTE!

Here he is, head on!
                                      

And just for the full oreo effect... here he is one last time!


           
These are a blast. I found red and blue cupcake holders which were AWESOME! I highly reccomend using them, it adds to the little character! Have fun with these! For more character ideas (and probably better looking cucakes)... check out lovelysprinkles.blogspot.com!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment