Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mediterranean Chicken Roll Ups - OMY!

OMY stands for Oh My Yum! These were outstanding. Such great flavor combination! Nick called it a keeper. I already stored it in my recipe favorites. You'll want to try this out!

You will have many options when it comes to the chicken. If the thin sliced cutlets are on sale, buy them. If its the chicken breast or chicken breast halves on sale, buy them. You can make this work either way! I wish you could see the stuffing inside, but I couldn't get a good enough picture once I cut into the chicken!



Ingredients:

1/2 cup shredded skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped finely (and pitted if necessary!)
1 T of capers (I did 2 or more!)
1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes

(Combine all of these ingredients in a bowl and mix together)

4 boneless chicken breast halves (Or about 1 lb of thin sliced cutlets)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 can Italian diced tomatoes

Preheat oven to 350.

*If using breasts, slit them deep and stuff evenly with mixture
*If using cutlets (as I did)- place a little stuffing in and roll them up.

 Place chicken (seam-side down if roll-ups) in a greased/sprayed baking dish.
 I had extra "stuffing" so I just sprinkled it on top of the chicken. Add a little salt and pepper.


Mix together balsamic vinegar and tomatoes and pour over the chicken.


Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy. This was so good. We will be repeating :)




No comments:

Post a Comment