Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Friday, November 6, 2009

Autumn Fruit Salad... Seasonally Delicious!

So, this is actually a fruit salad I had forgotten about. I found it last fall while I was still at Auburn and LOVED IT. Totally forgot about it until recently when Kelsie brought it up. So... its back! And its delicious! Seriously- if you like fruit, you can't help but like this salad. TOO good!



Autumn Fruit Salad
2 Red delicious apples
1 Granny Smith apples
2 Bartlett pears
1/2 lb grapes
1/2 cup slivered/sliced almonds, toasted
1 banana
1 cup vanilla yogurt (I use Dannon Light and Fit- SOOO good!)
1 T apple cider (I bought the cheap just add water packets)
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg (I actually didn't have this, so I couldn't add it...)
1/2 t ground ginger

Just core and dice up the apples. Same with the bears. Slice the banana, and cut the grapes in half.
Toss fruit with almonds.
In a separate bowl, mix yogurt with spices. Add to fruit bowl and toss GENTLY until well mixed.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate immediately. It will last in the fridge longer than you would expect cut fruit to last! Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment