Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Budget Friendly Greek Pasta!

Yeah! I found the ultimate budge friendly, flavor friendly, and leftover friendly recipe! SO FAST! SO EASY! SO CHEAP!

Greek Pasta
8 oz whole wheat penne pasta (or any pasta, and I used a whole pound)
2 cans italian diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted!)
1 can canellini beans, rinsed and drained
10 oz spinach
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese ( you could use grated parmesan if you have it on hand)

THATS IT! Now, let me say- it would have been fine to add some chopped black olives, maybe a little garlic, a little onion, and even some diced up chicken, BUT- we were going out of town this week, so I didn't want ANY leftover fresh ingredients, or anymore hassle at the grocery store than necessary.

All you do is cook your pasta according to the directions on the box.

Meanwhile, add your tomatoes and beans to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly, start adding your spinach in. As it wilts, add more, until all 10 ounces are in.


YUM, huh? AND THIS IS JUST THE SAUCE. Lets keep going. Once you have all the spinach in, drain your pasta and add the sauce to the pasta pot.



I mixed mine really well here to make sure the spinach wasn't chunked all together and not mixed throughout the pasta. Then.... i sprinkled in my feta cheese and mixed it a little more!




Oh yeah! Is your mouth watering yet? This was so good. Now here's the truth. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF LEFTOVERS. Me and Nick intentionally ate all of this since we were going out of town. I'm against wasting food. BUT- we were BEYOND full and really didn't need to keep eating. YoU WILL have leftovers. (Unless there are 4 or more of you eating it!) Dish it up, sprinkle with a little more feta or parmesan if you'd like and ENJOY :)




Budget-friendly, yes. Lacking taste? I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment