BESIDES THE POINT. Here we go. I made an older recipe, but changed it up a bit. Lean turkey sausage was on sale 2 for 5 dollars, so i wanted to get sausage. You're supposed to also add chicken to the dish, but I didn't want to buy double meat at the store, so i skimped. It didn't hurt the taste though, rest assured!
Easy! Here it is:
2 kielbasa lean turkey sausages (Usually one pack)
Technically, 1/2 lb chicken, diced and cooked (I left this out today!)
1 can Northern Beans
1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 can diced tomatoes with oil, basil, and oregano (Del Monte makes it)
1 T brown sugar
THATS IT GUYS!
1. Slice up your sausage, throw in a PAM sprayed skillet. Brown it up. (You would also brown up your chicken, all the way cooked through, if you add chicken here.)
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer on medium-low for 8-10 minutes until flavors have combined
3. Serve- you can also slice up some green onions for garnish if you have them (I didn't!)
CHEAP MEAL! GO FOR IT!
I also made stuffed tomatoes. Easy as well, if you have a food processor! Here's all I used:
- 4 firm red tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3-4 T chopped onion
1 T dried parsley
- 1 t olive oil
-1/4 cup bread crumbs (made my own out of sandwich bread)
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the tops off of your tomatoes, scoop out the pulp and place in food processor.
2. Place your tomato shells in a baking dish
3. Add to food processor all ingredients EXCEPT the parmesan cheese
4. Pulse ingredients until combined (not until pureed!)
5. Stuff tomato shells with filling
6. Top with Parmesan Cheese
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or longer until cheese is browned.
There were ZERO leftovers of this meal. Have i ever blogged that there WERE leftovers, I mean seriously!?
Okay, lastly, this past weekend, I had to scramble to get a dish together fast for a party that we went to. My awesome sister-in-law told me to make the 3 ingredient cookies, only, instead of like 3 batches of cookies, just make 12 muffins. Well- I only had white cake mix, so i added some famous spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves, and then added the pumpkin and chocolate chips. THEY TURNED OUT AMAZING! Take a look at these guys!
Oh yeah.... you know you're going to try it! So i packed them up, and off we went. Ready in under 2 hours notice!
I still dare someone to try this with chocolate cake mix. I had brownie mix, and I'm a little angry I didn't think to use that!!!