Getting Healthy in an Affordably Delicious Way

Welcome to The Newlywed Chef! My goal and desire will always be healthy and budget-wise cooking. If you aren't a follower yet, please become one! Always feel free to e-mail me recipes that sound good to you, and I will cook them! Or, e-mail some family favorite that you want posted for others to try, and I can do that as well, as long as its healthy, AND budget-friendly.

Enjoy the site, cast a vote in the poll, and come back each day to check for new recipes!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A FLAVOR PUNCH: Chicken Escondido




So, I did a little research. "Escondido" means hidden in spanish. It is also the name of a city near San Diego. I like the name hidden. There's a very hidden flavor to this dish that you've tasted NOWHERE else! Its a must try! We finished it off. I served it up alongside "Ultimate Spanish/Mexican Rice" featured early on in this blog. Let me tell you what- this rice is a real staple in the Sharp-household!

CHEAP grocery list:

- 1 lb chicken (Tenders, breast, cutlets, whatever you want) diced up into bite size pieces
- 2 T EVOO
- 2 T Balsamic Vinegar (I used Red Wine Vinegar since I had no balsamic!)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (NOT oil packed)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1-16oz jar Salsa Verde (Green Salsa)


QUICK FIX:

1. Dice up your chicken
2. Heat oil and vinegar in skillet over medium heat
3. Add tomatoes and garlic and saute about 3 minutes


4. Add chicken and cook until done


5. Add Black Beans and Green Salsa


6. Boil for 5-7 minutes until well combined
7. Remove from heat, let it thicken up, and serve!

*If you do the rice, it takes about 50 minutes total, so start that WAY before the chicken! The chicken will only take about 20 minutes total, or less!*



Enjoy this "escondido" dish with quite a punch of GREAT flavor! And check out the rice recipe if you haven't tried it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment