Here's the recipe. Its easy, and its cheap! I do have a couple other recipes for healthy chicken parmesan, but if you are budget-wise, choose this one!
Note: There are a lot of spices listed for flavoring the chicken, if you don't have them, don't rush out and buy them, I'll make some suggestions later on in the directions!
1 pound of chicken breasts (3-4)
Ground Red Pepper
(You can use a pre-made packet, or just use some dried basil, parsley, and oregano)
2 Cups Spaghetti Sauce (I used Classico Italian)
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (I use part skim)
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
8-10 ounces Whole Wheat Pasta (penne, spaghetti, doesn't matter!)
1. Preheat your oven to 375
2. Meanwhile, coat the bottom of a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Lay your chicken pieces in the pan. Sprinkle the tops with a little of the garlic powder, red pepper, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Flip them over and do the same thing to the other side.
*Garlic salt or garlic pepper would work fine in place of garlic powder. Basil, oregano, and parsley would all work instead of an actual "Italian Seasoning" spice or packet. If all else fails, just use some salt and pepper!
3. Pour/spoon the spaghetti sauce over top of each breast so that they are covered. DON'T GO EASY ON THIS! The more sauce, the better!
4. Pop them in the oven for 45 minutes.
5. Near the end of their baking time, start boiling water for your pasta. Cook according to box directions.
6. Once the chicken is done, remove from the oven. Top each breast with a little mozzarella and a little parmesan, then bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly!
7. Remove and serve immediately over the pasta. Top with more grated parmesan and some of the sauce from the baking dish!
ENJOY! Its delicious!